Super Clean Fast Food
We’ve got this season spelled out for you!
Did you know that an Apple isn’t just an ‘Apple’?
Just as the seasons change, so does the quality and quantity of fresh produce. In fact, vitamins present in the fruit or vegetable at the time of harvest are highly unstable and are largely depleted after a few days. Therefore, for every day an apple spends in shipping or storage, it is losing vital nutritional value.
Where large supermarkets import, freeze and store stock to supply the year-round demand, we insist on supplying only the freshest, crispest local produce.
Yep, here at Feedmee, we’re best buddies with Mother Nature, and make it our mission to cater in accordance with the menu her seasons write for us!
Here’s a peak at just some of the items on our Spring shopping list – and their nutritious benefits:
- Artichokes: high in magnesium and folate – these babies regulate bodily temperature and energy!
- Broccoli: packed with calcium and vitamin K, you’ll be building both bones and nutritional boasting rights!
- Cauliflower: offers you both choline and phosphorus, which help to fight liver disease and build healthy teeth!
- Feta: one serving packs 43% of your daily protein needs!
- Green Beans: offering the benefits of both potassi-YUM and Vitamin A, they’re the magical fruit!
- Jalapenos: boasting a kick of vitamin B6, these spicy peppers are a good kind of burn!
- Mushrooms: this protein-packed veggie also give us a hit of copper, iron and selenium – minerals that are otherwise difficult to obtain!
- Olives: these yummy nibbles contain antioxidants, protecting your cells as well as increasing fertility!
- Peas: these little beauties are bursting with vitamin C – Mother Nature’s cold vaccine!
- Quinoa: this gluten-free gem is packed with protein, potassium, calcium and fibre! Now if we could only pronounce it!
- Red Onion: these blushing beauties are riddled with over 6 different minerals, including: calcium, thiamine and manganese! We’re getting teary just thinking about it!
- Spinach: with a kick of calcium, vitamins A, B2, C and K, you’ll have fellow lunchers green with envy!
- Walnuts: boasting a big hit of protein and heart-healthy amino acids, these are more than just a crunchy treat!
- Zucchini: these fibre-packed veggies will keep you flowing long after your next vinyasa class!
We eat veggies for their health benefits – so why not maximise their nutritional burst?
So from your local farmers, and the folks here at Feedmee, thanks ‘shallot’ for letting us put a Spring in your step this season!